View Rental Contract
Print Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Individual/business renting this instrument, also known as the “Lessee”. Both parties agree to the following:
- CONDITION OF INSTRUMENT. The rental instrument will be rented in good physical and working condition. The Lessee agrees to return the instrument in the same condition as when it was received, with the exception of normal wear and tear. Any damage to the instrument beyond normal wear and tear is the responsibility of the Lessee. At the beginning of the rental period detailed notes of the instrument’s condition will be taken and kept on file by the Lessor to assist in determining the condition of the instrument at the time of rental or purchase The Lessee agrees to the condition of the instrument as stated on the front of the contract.
- LIABILITY. The instrument indicated remains the property of the Lessor, and the Lessee will not sell, pledge, mortgage, loan, sublease the instrument or suffer any claim, encumbrance or lien for the duration of this rental. The Lessee will keep the Lessor free of any liability for any damages to the person, property or instrument as a result of the use of the above instrument while in the possession of the Lessee. In case of loss, theft, fire or damage, the Lessee agrees to pay damages or replacement value for the instrument, plus any amounts due on the account.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS/PERIODS. Payment is due on the 1st of each month. Payment made in excess of the rental amount will be applied toward the purchase price. The Lessee must notify the Lessor if they wish excess monies to be applied towards a future rental payment instead. Automatic payments are available to the Lessee by filling out a “Credit Card Authorization” form. The Lessee agrees to the payments and costs set forth on the front of this contract.
- LATE PAYMENTS AND COLLECTIONS. All payments over 9 days late are subject to a late charge of 10% of the monthly rental unless scheduled for autopay which is subject to the late payment after 30 days. Any account over 60 days late will be considered in default and the Lessor will send the account to the collection agency. The Lessee will be responsible to pay all amounts including rental arrears and the value of the instrument plus any collection fees, and understands that the collection agency will charge a commission or fee that may be as much as 50% of the amount owed to the Lessor. In the event that legal action is commenced to enforce the Lessee’s obligations, the Lessee will be responsible for all amounts due plus reasonable legal fees. Lessor reserves the right to repossess an instrument for account delinquency or misuse.
- RETURNED CHECK AND CREDIT CARD FEES. All returned checks or credit card charge backs will be subject to a $35 charge, as per Nevada law (NRS 597.960).
- CHANGE OF CONTACT INFORMATION. The Lessee must notify the Lessor of any change of address, phone number or autopay information.
- RETURN OF INSTRUMENT AND TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT. The Lessee has the right to return the instrument at any time and the lease agreement will be canceled. The Lessee is responsible for any remaining amount owed on the account at the time of termination and instrument return. The rental agreement will not be terminated without the return of the instrument. Deposit monies will be forfeited if the instrument is returned before 60 days. After 60 days, deposit monies will be returned by mail, minus any charges.
- EXCHANGE OF INSTRUMENT/ITEM. The Lessee may exchange the instrument at any time during the rental agreement by returning the instrument and signing a new lease agreement corresponding to the new instrument without requiring a new deposit as long as there is no break in the rental agreement and the original rented instrument is returned in good physical and working condition.
- RENT-TO-OWN OPTION AND TRANSFER OF EQUITY OPTION. Purchase of this instrument is available at any time throughout the duration of this agreement. All deposits and payments made toward the lease of the instrument will be applied to the purchase prices, and the final balance will be due at the time of purchase, plus any outstanding amounts due on the account. The Lessee may apply any lease payments and deposits toward the instrument of choice provided there is no break in the rental agreement and the original rented instrument is returned in good physical and working condition. There will be a 1.5% per month (18% APR) interest charge on the unpaid balance on all rent-to-own purchases until paid in full. There is no penalty for early payoff.
- MAINTENANCE PROGRAM. by purchasing the rental Maintenance Program all normal “wear and tear” and standard maintenance will be fully covered. This includes but is not limited to playing condition, stuck mouthpieces, tennon corks, 1-2 pad replacement, and one string replacement per year. Carpenter’s Music World will make all appropriate repairs and adjustments to keep the equipment in proper play condition (if account is current). This does not include the restoration of finish, willful damage, damage due to careless handling, cleanings beyond routine cleaning or the replacement of expendable accessories such as mouthpieces (broken or lost), ligatures, mouthpiece caps, reeds, oil, swabs, strings, rosin, drum heads, drum sticks, etc… Without the Rental Maintenance program, the lessee is financially responsible for the up keep of their instrument, which estimated costs can be unpredictable. Lessee is not permitted to bring instrument to any other repair technician or company. If instrument is repaired at an unapproved location, then the lessee must purchase the rental instrument at the full estimated retail value noted at rental agreement signing. Fee for the program is 10% of monthly rental fee (before tax) minimum of $2.50 and will be added to your monthly Instrument Rental amount.
Lessee’s Signature: _____________________________________ Date: ___________ Accepted by: _________________ Date: ____________